[Counselors] Wengage Pre-Enrollment Responses

OSRHEStudent Prep PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Mon Oct 31 08:57:26 CDT 2022

Wengage for schools with over 700 students:  Pre Enrollment and schedule for the upcoming year: Do you hand enter each student's requested schedule, or do you let the auto scheduler do this task?  What are the pros and cons of doing it both ways?

I love the auto scheduler!  I have the kids enter their own course requests along with a few alternates and let the auto scheduler do it's thing.  I
still have to fix some schedules but most of them work out just fine.  It saves a ton of work for me.  I have 250 kids.  dnorvell at frederickbombers.net<mailto:dnorvell at frederickbombers.net>

Good morning. I wish we could use Wengage's auto scheduler feature, but some of our electives are only one semester. Unfortunately, their system only recognizes full year classes (or at least that was the case as of last spring. Maybe they're working on an update?)  I would definitely try it if we had all full-year classes, but we're still entering individual schedules for now.
mlawrence at lindsay.k12.ok.us<mailto:mlawrence at lindsay.k12.ok.us>

We have found too many errors with automated so it is easiest to just hand enroll. :)   msmith at sentinel.k12.ok.us<mailto:msmith at sentinel.k12.ok.us>

We auto schedule and then go back through and double/triple check each individual schedule, making adjustments as needed. srandolph at skiatookschools.org<mailto:srandolph at skiatookschools.org>

The big school I was part of with 800 in high school used autoscheduler after they did course request then we checked it with the matrix and individually as they came for enrollment! Tangee.cayton at bcpsd.org<mailto:Tangee.cayton at bcpsd.org>

Sabrina Wood
Coordinator of Student Preparation for College Readiness
swood at osrhe.edu
665 Research Parkway, Suite 200
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
www.okhighered.org/student-prep