[Counselors] Placement Tests Responses

OSRHEStudent Prep PK-12 Counselor Discussion Board counselors at lists.onenet.net
Fri Mar 10 09:22:14 CST 2023

Just wondering what your district uses for placement tests? We have the old Riverside set from 1994. We try to use istation but we only have that up to a certain grade level, so it is not always something that I can use.

We use the NWEA benchmark test to determine where a student needs to be placed. shushbeck at vps.k12.ok.us<mailto:shushbeck at vps.k12.ok.us>

STAR Reading and STAR Math s.brown at caneyisd.org

We use the online semester tests from Edgenuity. We use this program for our online students currently. We quit using the Riverside "blue" bag about 10 years ago as it really did not match what our hs teachers taught - especially in the math.  Once we purchased Odyssayware for online coursework using those semester tests and since have purchased the Edgenuity.  We have also used semester tests the teachers use in their classrooms.  jheller at blanchard.k12.ok.us

Sabrina Wood
Coordinator of Student Preparation for College Readiness
swood at osrhe.edu
665 Research Parkway, Suite 200
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
www.okhighered.org/student-prep