[Defaultprevention] SAVE THE DATE (10-11-12) - OCAP Annual Conference with Sessions for You!

Heid, Mary mheid at ocap.org
Tue Aug 28 10:53:52 CDT 2012

Students are back in class, summer is coming to an end and planning for fall has begun. Have you marked your calendar for 10.11.12-Counting on a Bright Future, OCAP's Annual Conference?

[X]
The conference will feature Greg Darnieder, Senior Advisor to the Secretary on the College Access Initiatives, U.S. Department of Education, as our luncheon keynote speaker. He will speak on the college access efforts made on the national level and how they complement our own efforts.

We also have external experts from across Oklahoma joining us to bring you informative sessions on helping students succeed, both in college and after college. Our topics include:

*       Default prevention best practices from financial aid experts
*       Tips on constructing a default management plan
*       Helping homeless and unaccompanied youth in the financial aid office
*       Awarding Oklahoma's Promise in the financial aid office
*       Working with students in the foster care system
*       Financial tips for college students transitioning to the workplace
*       Financial literacy for at-risk families
*       Helping tribal students identify and take advantage of their resources - a panel approach
*       Oklahoma's Complete College America initiative
*       And more!

Registration for this jam-packed, one-day event will begin next week so keep an eye on your inbox. Space is limited, so you'll want to register ASAP to get your spot. Visit our website<http://www.ocap.org/Partners/conference.shtml> [link: http://www.ocap.org/Partners/conference.shtml] for more information on the conference and other college access and financial literacy events going on during the week.

Mary Heid
Director for Policy, Compliance, and Training
Oklahoma College Assistance Program (OCAP)
a division of the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education formerly known as
   the Oklahoma Guaranteed Student Loan Program
405.234.4489 (office direct)
800-522-8506 (TDD/TRS)
405.234.4582 (fax)

www.ocap.org<http://www.ogslp.org/>
www.UCanGo2.org<http://www.ucango2.org/>   [cid:image005.jpg at 01CC6247.6483C8A0]
www.OklahomaMoneyMatters.org<http://www.oklahomamoneymatters.org/>   [cid:image006.jpg at 01CC6247.6483C8A0]

Note: This communication and attachments, if any, are intended solely for the use of the addressee hereof. In addition, this information and attachments, if any, may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law including, but not limited to, the Privacy Act of 1974. If you are not the intended recipient of this information, you are prohibited from reading, disclosing, reproducing, distributing, disseminating, or otherwise using this information. If you have received this message in error, please promptly notify the sender and immediately delete this communication from your system.