[DSIG] Fw: SIGVE Speaker Series September 20th

cashe at tulsacc.edu cashe at tulsacc.edu
Tue Sep 6 16:09:29 CDT 2011

Apologies for the duplication.

Second Life Group Notice From: ISTE SIG Virtual Environments, Spiff
Whitfield

Please join us as we start our SIGVE Calendar year off with a bang as we
welcome Cathy L. Anderson, Librarian and Second Life/ Virtual World
observer extraordinaire!

http://bit.ly/sigveseptember

Details about this event:

SIGVE Speaker Series- September

WHEN:  Tuesday September 20th
TIME :  5pm SL time [7:00 p.m. Central]
WHERE:  ISTE Island Auditorium (
http://slurl.com/secondlife/ISTE%20Island/92/83/30)

Find info on the web at: http://bit.ly/sigveseptember

Please join us as we welcome Cathy L. Anderson, Librarian and Second Life/
Virtual World observer extraordinaire!

A little about Cathy in her own words!
"I have worked in Higher Education for 13 years starting out working with
those students who were studying to successfully pass the GED.  In addition
to this I also managed tutoring programs, adult basic education, a library,
and testing center.  From there I moved on to work in managing student
services at a small community college.  I coordinated the online education
programs and courses for six public universities in an effort to facilitate
their successful collaboration and to improve instructional quality.  I am
currently Vice President of a small technical school. "

The decision to interview Cathy was an easy once since Cathy has a body of
work on the internet that is incredibly robust and engaging.   Her Twitter
feed is a garden of wonderful musings to pluck all kinds of new and updated
information on Virtual Environments.

Where to find Cathy on the web:

http://www.cathyanderson.com
http://www.cathyandersonblog.com