[DSIG] Library Events in Second Life

cashe at tulsacc.edu cashe at tulsacc.edu
Fri Sep 16 15:52:43 CDT 2011

>From Hyacinth Cortes:

ACRL in SL Meeting this Sunday

It's been a while since the ACRL in SL group has met - we've all been far
too busy with our rl work!  The ALA Island is under construction so I'd
like to invite you to  join me at the Wine Library on Cybrary2 for a
meeting on Sunday, Sept 24, 11am SLT.  We'll discuss setting up a regular
meeting time, plan some tours and programs for coming months, and chat
about all sorts of things.

It's fall and the grapes need crushing!  Come on over on Sunday.

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Cybrary%20City%20II/169/165/22

======================

Announcements from Abbey Zenith (Rhonda Trueman):

Community Virtual Library

Please visit the Ways with Words book exhibit on the audio parcel on Info
Island sim.  Each month new books and a new reading environment, are
created. The current book exhibit is called "Flowers from a Persian
Garden."  It runs through end of Sept. 2011.

 Inworld:  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Info%20Island/9/163/24

slURL:  http://slurl.com/secondlife/Info%20Island/9/163/24

This  month Farzaneh Eel has created a number of Persian, Arabic, & Middle
Eastern audio books, illustrated page-turning books, and books that recite
poems when touched.

The Community Virtual Library's Travelogue Group invites you to a guided
tour of The 1920 Berlin Project.