[DSIG] librarian / education meetings coming up in Second Life

cashe at tulsacc.edu cashe at tulsacc.edu
Mon Sep 19 14:51:33 CDT 2011

Virtual Worlds Education Roundtable

When:  Thursday, September 22 · 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm CDT

Location:  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/BGSU%20Community/54/85/25

Theme: Virtual Worlds for Cross-Cultural Interaction

Moderator: Chris SL: Grizzla

Hope to see you

The Virtual Worlds Education Roundtable can be also be found at
http://www.vwer.org, on LinkedIn, Flickr, and Koinup. We are also on
Twitter as VWER.

NOTE:  I may actually go to this one.  Let me know if you are interested in
attending.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Correction on date of ACRL in SL meeting.  It is still this coming Sunday,
but the date is Sept. 25 (not 24).

It's been a while since the ACRL in SL group has met - we've all been far
too busy with our real life work! The ALA Island is under construction so
I'd like to invite you to join me at the Wine Library on Cybrary2 for a
meeting on Sunday, Sept 25, 11am SLT [1:00 p.m. CDT]. We'll discuss setting
up a regular meeting time, plan some tours and programs for coming months,
and chat about all sorts of things. If you are interested in presenting to
the group, or if your library or college or university has a site in SL and
you would like to lead a tour group to show off your projects, please let
me know as I hope to schedule some activities that will be fun and
inspiring. It's fall and the grapes need crushing! Come on over on Sunday.

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Cybrary%20City%20II/169/165/22

-Hyacinth Cortes

Casey Ashe
Supervisor, Metro LRC