[Eoscstudents] Menu for Mon. April 10 Blood Drive Today

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Apr 10 09:51:26 CDT 2006

Hi folks,

I hope you all had a great weekend.  We had a PAWS adoption day Saturday
in front of  Roy's Grocery Store and were able to adopt out 12 puppies
that mostly came from the local pound.  As most of you probably know, if
pound dogs do not get adopted within a certain time period they will be
killed, so we feel really good that we were able to give this group a
chance at a good life.  I saw on the news this morning where a man's
life had been saved by his little "$5 garage sale dog", who warned him
that his home was on fire.  Who knows?  Maybe some of our little pound
puppies will do something heroic like that someday.  At least now
they'll have a chance to.

Don't forget to go and donate blood today.  The Blood Drive is in the
Miller Hall Lobby and runs from 10:00 - 3:15 today and from 10:00 to
2:00 tomorrow.  There is a drastic shortage of all types of blood, and
it will go to benefit our local hospital as well as several surrounding
ones.  You could be saving the life of someone very important to you by
just taking this simple action.   More volunteers are needed to reach
the quota of blood that is needed.

Our menu for today includes:

          Taco topping for chips or rice
          Steamed red potatoes
          Broccoli cuts
          Spanish rice
          Refried beans
          Baked potatoes

Our fast food is Hot Ham and Cheese on a bun and French Fries.

And for dessert get a luscious piece of Cherry Nut Cake.

Come and enjoy a nutritious meal and then go donate blood to help save a
life.