[Eoscstudents] Menu for Wed. Dec. 13

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Wed Dec 13 10:21:45 CST 2006

Hi folks,

Only 12 days til Christmas, and I actually managed to be partially ready
this year.  At least I got almost all the stuff I needed to get done for
the people I work with, with the exception of a few Christmas cards,
this year.  Last year I was horrible and got nothing done!  I have a tin
I keep Christmas cards, pens, stickers, etc. in along with lists of
Christmas cards I've sent to people in years past.  I opened it up
yesterday evening and didn't even find a list for 2005.  Evidently
nobody got a card last year.  At least I can feel like I'm doing some
better this year on that part anyway.   Everybody I've talked to says
they can't believe it's Christmas already.  Of course, that's grown
ups.  Kids think it takes forever for Christmas to get here.  I think
that may be because of the fact that time really does fly when you get
older, and it really is Christmas before we know it when we've got a few
years behind us.   (That's why I'm never ready!  I think that was one of
those "Oprah Aha moments"!)

I hope all the finals are going well.  I hate to gloat, but I'm
especially glad that I'm not having to take any, or grade any!  I saw
kids in for breakfast this morning that never bother to get up and come
in for breakfast.  I guess they figured they'd better jump start their
brains with a good breakfast and some caffeine to help make it through
one more day of finals.  I wish you all much knowledge, and if that
doesn't help, much luck with all your tests.

Our menu for today includes:

          Indian tacos
          Pinto beans
          Corn on the cob
          Florentine vegetables
          Baked potato bar

Our fast food is Burritos with Cheese Sauce and Chips.

And for dessert we have Pineappla Upside Down Cake.

Come on over,