[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. Feb. 2

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu Feb 2 09:45:46 CST 2006

Happy Ground Hog's Day everybody,

Well, once again, you guys did really well with the rain dance, prayers,
etc.  It's really coming down outside now!  What I want to know though,
is how did you get it to start up the minute I stuck my head out this
morning?  Now that's some good timing!  It was raining so hard as I came
to work, I could hardly see to drive.  I felt like a Texan on ice.  It
hadn't really rained hard in so long, it seemed completely foreign to
me.  You almost forget that you have to slow down and watch for those
standing puddles that will send you spinning into places you never
wanted to be.   And as I said, it is Ground Hog's Day, or Prairie Dog,
or maybe in this part of the state Armadillo Day, as that's one of the
few critters we have that live underground to be able to stick their
heads out.  I'm afraid if one of them sticks their head out now, they'll
drown.  They darn sure won't see a shadow!   I guess that means that
winter's been cancelled for this year, since we haven't had any to speak
of so far.

Our menu for this wonderful rainy day includes:

       Roast beef
       Carrots
       Baked potato bar

Our fast food is:

       Chili cheese coneys
       Fries

And for dessert some Blueberry Snack Cake sounds like a very tasty and
healthy choice.  In case you haven't been keeping up with such things,
blueberries are supposed to be really good for you, full of
cancer-fighting antioxidants, not to mention good flavor.

Get out your umbrella and come on over,

Rhoda    ;-)