[Eoscstudents] Menu for Wed. (Not Mon.) July 5

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Wed Jul 5 09:49:14 CDT 2006

Hi everyone,

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and lived to tell about it.  I'm
sure a lot of people and animals too, will be glad when all the
fireworks are finally popped and peace and quiet is restored.  After
seeing my daughter's stash of artillery, I don't know exactly when that
will happen around our house, but maybe our little Yorkie will come out
of hiding when it does.   We went to the fireworks display at Robber's
Cave last night and as always the Wilburton Fire Dept. did a wonderful
job on it.

We had a PAWS adoption day Saturday morning, and my daughter and I went
thinking we were going to be mostly helping adopt out puppies and dogs,
and instead the big thing that happened was we adopted in a hamster.
He came with his own cage, so we didn't have to worry about what to put
him in, but we didn't know much about them so we had to go by the
library and get a book on hamsters to learn what we could about them.
We found out that they eat a variety of things, such as fruits,
vegetables and even some meat.  My husband says we aren't going to give
him any meat though, that the bites he gets of our fingers should be
sufficient.  Maybe he will eventually learn that our fingers supply the
food but are not meant to be the food.  We hope.  Any personal expertise
that anyone could share would be most welcome.

Our menu for today includes:

             Spaghetti with meat sauce
             Whole potatoes
             Green beans
             Corn on the Cob

Our fast food is Frito Pies.

And for dessert we have Strawberry Cake.

Come and get it,