[Eoscstudents] Menu for Mon. July 31

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Jul 31 10:07:13 CDT 2006

Hi folks,

I hope you all didn't get too hot over the weekend.  We had a heck of a
mess at our house, what with trying to get our hot water heater changed
out.  Our old one had started leaking a few days into last week and we
knew it was time to replace it, so we just turned off the hot water and
roughed it for a few days.  As hot as it's been, the cold showers didn't
feel too bad.  It was a little startling at first, but pretty
refreshing.  Then we had a rude awakening this weekend when it came time
to actually buy a new hot water heater.  Our hot water is powered by
propane, and come to find out, electric ones and  natural gas ones are
both less expensive than propane ones for some reason.   On some
appliances, there is a converter kit that allows you to change from
using natural gas to propane or vice versa, but not on water heaters.
Anyway, after much cussing and carrying on, my husband was able to
unhook the old one and manhandle it outside.  Then when he brought the
new one in, he discovered that it was shorter and bigger around than the
previous model.  It would still fit in the space but a few things had to
be adjusted a little.  He wound up with blisters on his fingers and toes
from hot dripping solder, but he managed to get the thing in, hooked up
and running, without any major damage to himself, the house, or our
marriage.  That just leaves me wondering, what's next to break down?

Then yesterday evening, (after we all had nice long showers with just
enough warm water in them), we had to go to Buffalo Valley to see our
oldest nephew, Jacob Chancellor, who is leaving today for a six year
stint in the service.  Please keep him in your prayers, along with all
the other folks who are in jeopardy daily due to the war.

Our menu for today includes:

            Spaghetti with meat sauce
            Rosemary potatoes
            Fried okra
             Corn on the cob
             Vegetable medley
             Hot rolls

Our fast food is Barbecue on a Bun with Chips.

And for dessert have some luscious Chocolate Cake.

Keep cool,

Rhoda    8-)