[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. June 1

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu Jun 1 09:35:55 CDT 2006

Happy June Everyone,

Hard to believe the year is almost half over, isn't it?  The Cancer
Relay for Life is this Friday night until Saturday morning.  I think the
idea behind the staying until dawn thing is that when you have cancer
you should celebrate each new day as a blessing and an opportunity.
Come and walk around the track a few laps, even if you don't stay all
night.  It will be good for you and give you a chance to visit with
everyone, and see all the names of all those who have battled this
disease.  We have lost many good people to this killer, but with events
like this to raise money for research and show support to those
afflicted, there's hope that in the future cancer will be just a bad
memory and no one will have to go through what so many have gone through
before.

My mother will be celebrating her 89th birthday this Saturday.  That's
quite a milestone, but she's got a long way to go to keep up with my
Granny who lived to be 99 and one month and Aunt Alma who is 104 1/2 and
still mentally sharp as a tack!  I'd better shape up if I want to beat
records like those!  I've got about 60 years to go to catch up with Aunt
Alma.

Our menu for today includes:

            Smoked pork chops
            Mashed potatoes and gravy
             Corn on the cob
             Green beans
             Fried squash

Our fast food is Burritos with Cheese Sauce.

And for dessert you can make your own Ice Cream Sundae.  Ice cream
brings out the kid in all of us.

Enjoy,