[Eoscstudents] Menu for Tues. May 9

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Tue May 9 10:10:57 CDT 2006

Hi everyone,

Well, we lost a member of our family last night.  Gypsy, one of our dogs
had been having slight seizures on occasion for a while and yesterday
while my daughter and I were gone to town for just a few minutes, she
evidently had one she couldn't come out of.  We buried her out by the
pond since she always liked to jump in and go swimming to cool off.  She
rarely barked unless she really meant it and would always warn us about
scorpions in the house, by staring at them and growling or if that
didn't get our attention, barking at them til we came and killed them.
She had a funny little howling song that she would do when we came home
to let us know that she was happy to see us, and would jump and down
with her front feet when she was excited.  She definitely had her own
personality.  We got her from PAWS back in 2002 originally because my
husband Gary's grandpa said he would like a good outside dog to keep an
eye on his place.  Then when we took her down there, he had decided his
health wouldn't allow him to take care of her, so he decided not to take
her.  She was such a mellow sweetheart that we had gotten attached to
her and she never had to go back to whatever kind of life she had
before.  She must've been forced to stay outside in storms and whatever
weather, as she really was afraid when it stormed and would try to stick
her head under the bed or stay right by one of us.  At least in her last
years, she knew she was loved and she will be missed.

Our menu for today includes:

    Smoked pork chops
    Frozen veggies
    Baked potato bar
    Pasta

Our fast food is Soft Tacos.

And for dessert we have Peach Cobbler with ice cream.

Come on over,

Rhoda