[Eoscstudents] food drive

Mary Butler mebutler at eosc.edu
Wed Nov 1 10:39:18 CST 2006

The Library Media Center is sponsoring its annual food drive these weeks
before Thanksgiving. We will fix boxes of the donated food on Wed., Nov.
15 and Thurs., Nov. 16 to distribute to our student families who might
need some help over the holidays.  We would appreciate any donations of
non-perishable
food or money.  The money donated is used to buy meat gift certificates
so that the student families who receive the food boxes can get a turkey
or ham for
their holiday meal. The collection area is in the library.  The last day
to bring food will be Wed., Nov. 15.
    The library will (as in the past) eliminate student library fines if
they bring in food.  If you owe $1.25, for instance, you could bring in
two cans of veggies.  We'd eliminate the fine and the food will help
other students!
    Any club participation is welcome.  Thanks for your help.  Last year
we helped 14 families, if I remember correctly.  The generosity of the
Eastern students is always heartwarming.  Thanks, Mrs. M.E. Butler