[Eoscstudents] Computer Forensics

dschoggins at eosc.edu dschoggins at eosc.edu
Wed Apr 18 13:17:06 CDT 2007

Have you ever been interested or just curious about “CSI” (Crime Scene
Investigations) and what happens when it comes to Computers?  Well
that is called Computer Forensics.

But, what is Computer Forensics really?
Computer forensics involves the preservation, identification,
extraction, and documentation of computer evidence stored as data or
magnetically encoded information.

The fascinating part of the science is that the computer evidence is
often transparently created by the computer’s operating system without
the knowledge of the computer operator. The information may actually
be hidden from view.

Would you be interested in such a course?

Hey if you’re interested check it out.

What we will cover in the course is forensics of a computer that is
from a Computer Crime Scene Investigation, and it has murder involved.

Well that is enough about that!

If you think you might be the least bit interested, I have embedded a
hidden message in the text of the first attached file. If you’re
curious enough to crack the hidden message that will tell you how to
crack the second attached file; you might want to give up on that
Basket Weaving 101 class.

For more information about the course please open attached file number
1.

Thanks
Darren
Computer Information Systems