[Eoscstudents] Menu for Wed. Aug. 15

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Wed Aug 15 10:11:32 CDT 2007

Hi folks,

It's supposed to be another scorcher today according to the weather on
TV, up to 105.   In the absence of Danny Foster, John Calhoun has taken
to reporting the weather.  The long range weather report he gave me
states that the next 6 months will be mainly sunny or cloudy, with dry
and rainy spells.   Winds will be from most directions.   That's a big
help, huh?

If you don't want to eat in the Cafeteria for lunch today, you can get a
free hamburger, chips and drink at the Clock Tower starting at Noon.  I
believe this is a "Welcome Back" event put on by Student Services, just
one of the many activities and events that they sponsor for the students
throughout the year.

For those of you with good singing voices the "Sound Sensations", our
campus vocal group, will be having auditions from 2:00 to 3:00 in Pratt
104.  This is a great little group that gets to perform at lots of
campus and local functions.   They are real good will ambassadors for
our college.

And for those of you who would rather dance than sing, it looks like
there will be a Street Dance this evening in front of the Field House
from 9:00 to Midnight.   Get together and have lots of fun, but don't
get too wild.   You don't want to start the semester out in trouble.

Our menu for today includes:

                Fried chicken
                California blend vegetables
                Hot rolls

Our fast food is Tuna Salad Sandwiches and Chips.

And for dessert we have some luscious Apple Cobbler.  Don't forget to
top it with some of our soft serve Ice Cream for a wonderful summer treat.

Keep cool,

Rhoda   8-)