[Eoscstudents] Menu for TGI Friday Dec. 7

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Fri Dec 7 10:12:41 CST 2007

Hi folks,

 From the sound of the weather reports for this coming Sunday and
Monday, you'd better be getting that de-icer and windshield scraper
found.  They're showing freezing rain, and colder temperatures heading
for us.   Brrrr!  Sounds like good weather for a cup of  hot chocolate
and a good book to me.

I was rather pleased to see a letter to the editor in the local paper
yesterday written by a woman from Red Oak commending Mr. Paul Enis for
his hard work with the students on the recent Candlelighting program
here at Eastern, and praising the students for their efforts.  She was
rather disappointed that attendance was not better at this wonderful
event.  Being from here, I don't know at the people I've heard saying
that there's never anything to do, it's so boring, etc.  But between
working here at Eastern and knowing about all the events happening here
on campus, having a child in Jr. Hi/High School here in Wilburton, and
getting involved in a few worthwhile local organizations, I don't find
it boring at all.  As a matter of fact, sometimes I have to juggle which
event I can go to and which I'll have to pass on this time.  Learn to
watch for things that interest you and participate in them.  (I know
most parents, though, are usually begging for an evening off, especially
if you have more than one child involved in things.  There seems to be
an endless round of ballgames, practices, plays, concerts, rehearsals,
meetings, banquets, church functions, etc.)   Find something you're
interested in and at least attend the events.  Support the kids.  You
could probably even volunteer to help.  If you're a sports fan, there
are a lot of games going on all the time and you could join the Booster
Club.  The Theater Dept. sometimes needs help with props, sets,
costumes, etc.  Local service organizations need members to keep doing
their good work.  (We can always use volunteers, donations, etc. with
PAWS.) There's definitely no need to be bored just because you don't
live in a big city.  Just find an interest and get involved.   Get out
and see the Christmas parade this Saturday evening at 7:00 for
starters.  The next step is yours.

Our menu for today includes:

        Smothered pork
       Chicken tenders
       Sweet peas
       Green beans
       Baked beans

For dessert have a luscious Brownie.  (With all that to choose from,
there won't be a fast food today.)

Have a great weekend,