[Eoscstudents] Menu for Mon. Dec. 10

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Dec 10 09:54:32 CST 2007

Hi folks,

Boy, we really dodged a bullet with the weather situation down in this
part of the state!  From the looks of it on the TV weather reports, most
of the rest of the state is an icy mess.  I wasn't sure how bad it might
get here, so I brought my bottle of de-icer and my windshield scraper
in  the house last night just in case I couldn't even get into the car
this morning to use it.   It doesn't do nearly as much good if it's
frozen into the car, I've discovered.

I'm afraid I fell down on the job last Friday and neglected to wish a
Happy Birthday to two of our faculty members here on campus.  Marilynn
Duncan and Phillip Hawthorne both celebrated birthdays on Dec. 7.  It
was brought up at the Regent's Dinner Friday night that Ms. Duncan has
taught here for 33 years.  I don't know how this is possible when she
only looks to be about 39.  She must've been advanced for her age.

I was glad to see that Eastern had a couple of participants in the
Christmas parade Saturday evening.  Our president, Steve Smith and wife,
Jennifer were in the parade, as were our Vice President of Finance, Vic
Woods and his wife.  There were also some horseback riders, some floats,
the Muskogee Shriners, and what looked and sounded like every fire truck
in the county, even from as far away as Bengal.   I'm glad a fire didn't
break out anywhere at that time, or half the parade would've disappeared!

Our menu for today includes:

             Ham
             Garden blend rice
             Baked potatoes
             Hot  rolls

Our fast food is Frito Chili Pies, and we have Apple Surprise Cake for
dessert.