[Eoscstudents] Menu for Tues. Jan. 23

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Tue Jan 23 09:34:40 CST 2007

Hi folks,

It was a mighty frosty morning today.  I'm glad I thawed the car out
before I had to jump into it.  On the bright side, the days are getting
longer, with a little more daylight each day now.  Of course today it's
cold daylight, but at least it's not wet!  And it's not really supposed
to be too bad all week.  Up in the 40's, and maybe even 50's later in
the week.

I noticed there was a nice article about us feeding the electric workers
on our Eastern website, with a picture of a couple of the workers, and
another picture of Susie and Linda and a boat load of sack lunches.  You
might want to check that out if you're interested.  (And yes, with Susie
down here, that means the Coffee Shop is still closed.  I'll be sure and
let you know when we're able to turn her loose to reopen it.)

I got a wild notion yesterday and grabbed my daughter and we went
downtown and joined Curves.  Of course we have yet to do any exercises,
but I'm hoping you'll be seeing less of me soon.  Destiny was really
excited about doing this.  She's not overweight, but like most teenage
girls, she thinks she is sometimes, and I figured it would do her good
to do some physical activity and build a little muscle.  (That way she
can lift those big bags of dog food, chicken feed, etc. for me.)

Our menu for today includes:

          Dorito bake
          Mashed potatoes and gravy
          Catalina blend vegetables
          Sweet corn
          Fried okra

Our fast food is BBQ on a bun with chips.

And for dessert we have Yellow Cake with Chocolate Frosting.

Come on over,