[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. Nov. 1

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu Nov 1 11:06:18 CDT 2007

Happy November everyone,

It's hard to believe that yesterday was Halloween as warm as it was.  I
wore my cap and gown as a costume, but had to lose it during the day,
before I had a heat stroke.  (I realized yesterday that that is
probably, no definitely, the only piece of clothing I have that is that
old that still fits.  Those graduation robes are very forgiving.) I did
get to put it on late yesterday evening as it began to cloud up and cool
off, and it felt pretty good then.

The Halloween Carnival was a great success with all kinds of activities
and hundred of people in attendance.  The dunk tank, pie in the face
booth, velcro wall, and other inflatables were big hits with everyone,
and the International Students "Pork on a Stick" and Green Tea booth
went over really well, also.  I had to laugh when I saw Brenton Duncan
(coming from the pie in the face booth maybe?) looking like a huge bird
had just flown over and deposited something on his head.  I think he
went to the dunk tank then hoping to get dunked so he could clean up.
Even Dr. Smith took a few pies in the face for the team, as did  Sally
Davis, Linda Enis and several other faculty and staff members.  Here's
hoping that this will become an annual event and get bigger and better
every year.  Many congratulations to everyone who had a part in making
this the great success that it was.

While the carnival was a massive undertaking, it is by no means the last
event in this busy week.  This afternoon at 2:00 we will have the Native
American Celebration in the Ballroom, at 6:00 and 8:00 there will be the
women's and men's basketball games against Paris, I believe, and if you
can hang in there that long, tonight at 10:00 there will be a
comedy/hypnotist here in Mitchell Auditorium.  I have seen this twice
since I've been here and it is always hysterical.  Friday there will be
a pep rally to support our teams at noon at the field house, and that
evening at 6:30 at Pete's Place in Krebs, there will be the Hall of Fame
Induction Dinner honoring Bill Cole, former president of East Central
University in Ada.  Finally, Saturday will kick off early with  the
Hilltopper's Breakfast at 8:30 in the President's Dining Room, then the
first EOSC Homecoming Parade in years on Main Street, followed by an
Alumni Meeting in the Coffee Shop.  After that there will be a tailgate
party on campus with the Aggie Club cooking hamburgers and hot dogs for
all comers from 11:30 to 1:30, (remember the Cafeteria will  be closed
so that everyone can eat at the Tailgate Party), and the Homecoming ball
games starting at 1:00 (women's) and 3:00 (men's) and coronation of the
new EOSC Homecoming King and Queen.  The last Homecoming activity for
this year will be the Homecoming Dance from 9:00 to midnight in the
Ballroom.  Whew, is that a lot of stuff or what?

Our menu for today includes:
             Spaghetti with meat sauce
             Steamed red potatoes
             Broccoli with cheese sauce
             Green beans
             Seasoned rice
             Baby carrots
             Garlic rolls
             Baked potato bar

Our fast food is Cheeseburgers and French Fries, and we're having that
wonderful Peaches and Cream Cake for dessert.  (You've got to try some
of that stuff!)

And since I will be off tomorrow, I'll go ahead and give Friday's lunch
menu also:
             Fish
             Crispy cube potatoes
             Corn on the cob
             Pinto beans
             Winter blend vegetables with cheese sauce
             Corn bread or rolls
             Pasta bar

And the fast food will be Chicken Patty on a Bun and Peach Cobbler for
dessert.

Have a great rest of the week and a wonderful weekend,