[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. Nov. 29

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu Nov 29 10:00:13 CST 2007

Hi folks,

Well, we've almost made it through another week and that brings us just
a little closer to December, and the end of the semester and Christmas.
I'm not ready!  How do these people do it that already have their
shopping done, (or even an idea of what they want to shop for), and
already have their cards ready to mail?  Even if they told me their
secret, I am just not wired that way.  I'll still be rushing around at
the last minute trying to get last minute gifts, etc.

I'm starting to see lots of Christmas decorations and lights around in
town, in stores and at houses.   Mike Mooney was faithfully decorating
all the lamp posts the other day when I went through town to make Main
Street look festive.  I believe the annual Christmas Bazaar is this
weekend at the Choctaw Center on Centerpoint Road and don't forget about
Candlelighting this Sunday.

As the weather takes a decidedly colder turn, don't forget to bring your
outside pets in, or at least provide them with warm bedding and
shelter.  You wouldn't like to sleep outside in the cold and rain would
you?  Even with a fur coat, it wouldn't be any fun at all.  It's best to
provide dogs with a house, (preferably yours), but one of their own will
do.  Put a blanket or some cedar chips or straw, (not hay which can
promote mange and other problems when it gets wet) in for warmth.  Cats
need a warm bed too, as they can really get into trouble in the cold
weather when they're searching for a warm spot and they think they've
found one in your car motor.  Providing them with their own snug spot
can save much heartache later on.  And when it gets really cold, be sure
and break the ice on their water.  It's horrible to be thirsty and not
be able to get a drink because you can't break the ice on top.  Please
don't forget your furry friends.  They depend on you the way a child
would, and some of them behave better!  And if you're really concerned
about animals, come to the PAWS meeting this evening at 7:00 at the
Latimer County Public Library.  We'd be glad to have you there.

Our menu for today includes:

          Hamburger steak
          Mashed potatoes and brown gravy
          Sweet peas
          Corn
          Pinto beans
          Hot rolls

Our fast food is Indian Tacos, and have some yummy Chocolate Delight for
dessert.