[Eoscstudents] Menu for Tues. Oct. 30

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Tue Oct 30 10:15:42 CDT 2007

Hi folks,

I do believe that was my first ever "Gurneys and Goobers" race to
witness, (and thankfully, not participate in), yesterday, and it was
WILD!  I am amazed that the gurneys weren't having to be used for real
before it was over with.  There were shoes flying, hats flying, gurneys
flying...  It made me think of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.  I missed the first
handful of races, but the ones I witnessed were wild enough to make up
for it, or maybe they got wilder as they went along.   I think the races
really got people excited and fired up with the Eastern Homecoming
Spirit, though.  I'm looking forward to the rest of the activities, like
the Mr. Eastern pageant tonight, and the Costume Contest and Carnival
tomorrow.

As excited as some people were getting yesterday, it's a really good
thing that Kiamichi Electric donated EOSC a defibrillator recently, in
case anyone gets a little too excited!  This is bound to be an exciting
week!

Happy Birthday wishes go out to Julie Moss today.  She's one of the "old
hands" around here that never seems to look old at all.

Our menu for today includes:

             Smoked sausage
             Mashed potatoes and gravy
             Baked beans
             Fried okra
             Corn
             Pasta bar
             Hot rolls

Our fast food today is Hot Ham and Cheese on a Bun and we have luscious
Cobbler for dessert.

Come on over and eat with us,