[Eoscstudents] Menu for Tues. Sept. 11 COFFEE SHOP CLOSED TODAY

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Tue Sep 11 09:48:23 CDT 2007

Hi folks,

I'm sure all of you remember where you were and what you were doing on
this day 6 years ago when our world turned upside down.  My husband and
I were driving to the grade school to see the "Rise and Shine" program
our daughter was going to be in when we heard a radio announcer stating
in shaky disbelief that a plane had actually collided with one of the
World Trade Center towers.  At this point, it was not yet apparent that
this was more than a bizarre and horrible accident.  I remember thinking
that of all the air space a plane had to fly in, how had it possibly hit
a building?  Of course by the time the kids were done singing and
dancing as if they didn't have a care in the world, we walked out into a
much different world.  Once we were back in the car with the radio back
on, we knew the first hit had been no accident and that terrible things
had been unleashed on the world.  This evening at 6:00 there will be a
concert featuring Kyle Williams, in Mitchell Auditorium in memory of
this event.  Please come and share this concert of remembrance.

Our lunch menu for today, served from 11:00 to 1:30, includes:

                 Beef tips with rice
                Mashed potatoes and gravy
                Black eyed peas
                Winter blend vegetables
                Corn
                Pasta bar
                Hot rolls

Our fast food is Corn Dogs and French Fries, and we've got Apple Cobbler
for dessert.

For dinner this evening we will have:

             Pork cutlets
             Fried squash
             Macaroni and cheese

The fast food menu will be Cheeseburgers and French Fries and dessert
will be Peanut Butter Whip in a Graham Cracker Crust.

Breakfast for Wed. will include:

             Biscuits and gravy
             Breakfast burrito
             Hash browns
             Waffles with toppings  (You've got to try these.  It's like
going to IHOP!)

(We apologize to anyone who came in expecting pancakes this morning.  We
were shorthanded once again, with one person out due to a family
emergency, and another one in the hospital.)