[Eoscstudents] Menu for Manic Mon. Sept. 24

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Sep 24 10:04:48 CDT 2007

Hi folks,

Well, we thought it was going to be a total sweep for Teddy Marmon in
the Fishing Tournament Saturday.  He caught several fish, including one
good sized catfish, but Johnny Sivic slid in at 10 minutes to 6:00 and
nabbed the prize for the most fish, (a nice rod and reel).  Teddy still
won for the biggest fish, though.  Some of the rest of you guys and gals
need to plan on joining in and giving them some more competition next
year.  I didn't fish, but I enjoyed going and talking with the
spectators, while my daughter got in and swam.  (I'm surprised she
didn't get "caught". )  I probably got the worst sunburn I've had all
summer right here at the end of the season, too.  Evidently my
combination bug spray and sunblock is more bug spray than sunblock.

As of yesterday, we're the proud? owners of a couple dozen assorted
chickens.  My husband decided we needed to buy them off one of our
nephews who had moved with his family and now lives in town and can't
have them.  The only thing is, hubby has the pickup and I have the
station wagon, so Destiny and I had to rearrange the back, put down a
tarp, gather up cages and  go catch chickens, that we had to cart back
home in the back of the station wagon.  Now all we have to do is get
some chicken feed and hay and figure out how to keep the raccoons, etc.
out of them.  Wish us luck with that.  We haven't had great success with
it before, but we're determined to keep trying.

Our menu for today includes:
             Steak fingers
             Mashed potatoes and gravy
             Rice
             Vegetable blend
             Macaroni and tomatoes
             Sweet peas
             Baked potato bar

Our fast food  is Corn Dogs and French Fries, and for dessert we're
having Ice Cream and Assorted Toppings.

For Dinner tonight we'll have:
            Rotel chicken casserole
             Scalloped potatoes
             Mexican corn
             Refried beans
             Spanish rice
             Sausage
             Scrambled eggs
             Biscuits and gravy
             French toast sticks

And for Tuesday's breakfast we'll serve:
             Biscuits and gravy
             Scrambled eggs
             Sausage
             Hash browns