[Eoscstudents] Menu for TGI Friday Sept. 28

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Fri Sep 28 09:46:23 CDT 2007

Hi folks,

I had to chuckle over the dorm evacuation reported in the latest issue
of "The Statesman" due to an overnuked Pop-Tart.  Of course it probably
wasn't very funny to anyone who was interrupted in the middle of
something important, like taking a shower, or a nice nap.   And I bet
the student who caused it will never hear the end of it.  We had what we
refer to as "The Pop-Tart Incident" at our house when my daughter was
much smaller.   I had gone for a walk outside, my husband had jumped in
the shower and Destiny decided she was hungry.   Toasting a Pop-Tart was
about the extent of her cooking skills at the time, so she loaded a
couple in the toaster and went back to watch TV until they popped up.
Unfortunately, she loaded them sideways instead of the right way, and
when they tried to pop up they just caught under the top of the toaster
and kept toasting and toasting.  When her dad got out of the shower and
opened the bathroom door, he immediately wondered why he was smelling
smoke in the house.  When he got to the kitchen, the toaster was on
fire, with flames reaching almost up to the wooden cabinets directly
over it.  Needless to say, that toaster was history, (or maybe I should
say, toast), and the kitchen was a bit of a mess after he shot the
toaster with the fire extinguisher, but there was no major damage, other
than losing the toaster, and my daughter learned the correct way to load
Pop-Tarts.

Don't forget to come help fish at the farm ponds this Saturday from 2:00
to 6:00 to catch fish for the Staff Picnic.  We need all the help we can
get.

Our menu for today includes:
                 Fish
                 Crispy cube potatoes
                Corn on the cob
                Macaroni and cheese
                Green beans
                Hush puppies

Our fast food is Frito Chili Pies, and for dessert have a piece of
Strawberry Shortcake.

Dinner this evening will feature:
             Hamburgers
             French Fries