[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. Aug. 14 Lunch & Dinner and Breakfast for Fri. Aug. 15

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu Aug 14 10:13:19 CDT 2008

Hi folks,

They're predicting today will be a dry, hot day before we get another
rainy spell.  Those of you who know what the weather is normally like
here in August will realize how rare this is for us to get any kind of
heat and drought relief this time of year.  I know we're all human and
we've got to have something to gripe about, but usually this time of
year, we're praying for rain, not cussing it.  Just take your shoes off,
wade on in and be happy.

I got to attend the Alumni Fish Fry last Fri. and enjoyed getting to
visit with lots of folks.  Several VIP's were in attendance and seemed
to be having a good time, along with many staff and faculty, students
and former students.  Many thanks to all those who helped put this
together:  our Cafeteria staff who gathered  items up and prepared the
side items and dessert, (my personal favorite, those delicious
cobblers),  those great Aggie cooks who slaved over those fryers cooking
the fish,  all the folks in the Dean's office and their student
volunteers, Ann Owens and Kim Ott who put in a lot of work on this, and
anyone else who was involved in helping in any way.  Miraculously, the
weather was perfect for the event to be held in a big tent outside the
White House, and the golf carts bringing people up the hill were a big
help!  This is always an enjoyable event and a great opportunity to
bring people to our campus and show them what we've got, or in the case
of our "War Zone" out front, what we're going to have.

Our Lunch menu for today includes:
                Meatloaf
                Mashed potatoes and brown gravy
                Rice
                Blackeye peas
                Brussell sprouts
                Sweet peas with potatoes and cream sauce
                Green bean casserole
                Hot rolls
                Hot ham and cheese on a bun
                French fries
And for dessert:  Blackberry Cobbler!

Dinner, served this evening from 4:30 to 6:15, will feature:
                Chicken fried steak
                Fried chicken
                Baked beans
                Mashed potatoes and gravy
                Macaroni and cheese
                Corn
                Fried okra
And Cobbler for dessert.

Friday's breakfast, served from 6:45 to 8:45, will consist of:
                Scrambled eggs
                Biscuits and gravy
                Little smokies sausages
                Waffle sticks