[Eoscstudents] Menu for Mon. Dec. 1

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Dec 1 10:14:00 CST 2008

Hi folks,

Who'd've thought we'd start December with snow this morning?  (I guess
that was to convince us of the fact that it actually is December
already.)  I was all ready for work and then looked out the window to
see white flakes falling and almost declared a snow day.  (After being
on my own schedule all last week, somehow the novelty of getting up
really early again wasn't as exciting as you might think it should be.
I guess the fact that it wasn't sticking at all was the only thing that
talked me out of it.)

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving break.  Ours was pretty peaceful
and uneventful until about yesterday.  You know how when someone is
learning to drive, they tease them and tell everyone to stay off the
sidewalks?   I figured out yesterday  that's  just for "city folks".  Us
country people need to stay out of the ditches.  We investigated one
yesterday when my daughter who just got her permit a week or so ago was
driving to her friend 's house and didn't quite make the corner.  We
were not hurt, she's just embarrassed, and there's a piece or two of the
front bumper of my station wagon that flaps in the breeze when we're
driving now, but we lived to tell about it.  A nice young couple stopped
to check on us and then a boy my daughter knows from high school stopped
and with them pushing, we were able to get the car out of the ditch.  I
really hope I thanked them for their help, but you know how it is when
something happens like that.  You can't really remember what you did or
said afterwards.  Boy, life with teenagers, (especially teenage
drivers), sure is interesting!

Our dish room guy, Charlie Langford, celebrated a birthday on Mon. Nov.
24 and Barbara Gilbertson and I celebrated ours right on Thanksgiving
day this year.

Don't forget about the blood drive in the East Cafeteria today and
tomorrow.  Come donate and save a life.  (With my daughter driving now,
we need all the donations we can get, just in case!)

Our menu for today includes:
                Spaghetti and meatballs
                Baked potatoes
                Garlic bread
                Hot ham and cheese on a bun
                French fries
                Chicken gumbo soup

And for dessert have some Ice Cream with a variety of Toppings available.

Have a great day (and remember to stay out of the ditches),