[Eoscstudents] Menu for Tues. Dec. 9

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Tue Dec 9 10:01:16 CST 2008

Hi folks,

As you probably all noticed, my menu was very late coming out
yesterday.  I sent it in plenty of time, but it got lost in the ozone
somewhere, so by the time it showed up it was a listing of what we had
for lunch, not what we were going to have.   I felt somewhat better
after I found out that plenty of other people were having trouble
getting their emails to go through.  (Misery loves company, you know.)
I just hope today's makes it through before lunch is history.

I hope all you employees are planning on attending the Employee Potluck
Christmas Dinner today in the Ballroom.  It will start at 11:30 and
conclude at 1:00.  It will be a come and go event, with drawings for
door prizes throughout the meal, Christmas music, and lots of great food
to sample and friends to visit with.   It's always nice to attend these
events, since there are a lot of people on campus and most of us just
see the same few almost all the time.  This way we get to see friends we
don't get to see that often and catch up on things.   The Staff Council
wants to send a great big thank you out to Sally, Liz, Dana and all
their helpers who decorated for the Sapphire Ball, since they were nice
enough to leave all the beautiful decorations up for us to use for this
dinner and it looks lovely.

You'd better be getting ready for cold weather and possibly snow to be
arriving later today.  I'm glad the storm that came through last night
made it while it was still warm enough for it to fall as rain and not as
snow or ice!

Don't forget to attend the retirement party for EOSC head of security
Blaine Villines tomorrow in the President's Dining room between 2:00 and
4:00.  We haven't been able to talk him out of leaving us, so we may as
well give him a big send off and make the best of it.

Our menu for today includes:
             Pork loin
             Mashed potatoes
             Pork gravy
             Macaroni and cheese
             Green beans
             Scandinavian blend vegetables
             Sauerkraut and weiners
             Meatball subs
             Potato chips

And for dessert have a piece of Coconut Pie or a piece of Peanut Butter Pie.