[Eoscstudents] Menu for Super Tues. Feb. 5

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Tue Feb 5 10:00:45 CST 2008

Hi folks,

Well, today is supposed to be the big day when 20 some states, including
Oklahoma, are going to vote to see who they want to nominate to run for
President.  If you're like me, you've been bombarded by politically
minded email buddies forwarding emails containing the "facts" about one
candidate or another, most of them negative.  I hope I'm wrong, but all
this negative publicity leaves me feeling less than optimistic about any
of the candidates from either party.  I confess for a long time after
different ones started announcing their candidacy, I kept thinking that
surely the real candidates would step up and save the day, (you know,
the one with the good reputation and clean record that everyone liked
and could get behind to vote for, the one that doesn't exist), but I
guess that was just wishful thinking on my part.  We'll just have to
make the best of the situation, however it turns out.  But remember,
they always told me you couldn't fuss about it if you didn't go vote, so
be sure and cast your vote for someone today, and may the best person
win!  And if they don't, we'll have at least 4 years to fuss about it.

Right now, I think I'd vote for whoever would install a thermostat in my
office that I could turn down.  It's 83 balmy degrees in here, and as
soon as we complain about being too hot and have maintainance come over
and go downstairs and monkey with the boiler to turn down the heat, the
cold front will hit and we'll be freezing.  Then we have to have them
come back and turn it up and it just makes us seem very whiny and
picky.  Note to the powers that be:  In the new building, give us a
thermostat! In the meantime, if you see me on the back dock fanning
myself, now you know why.

Our menu for today includes:

                Beef tips with rice
                Mashed potato casserole
                Scandinavian blend vegetables
                Broccoli cuts
                Pasta
                Rolls
                Corn dogs
                French Fries

And for dessert, try a piece of Orange Cake, Strawberry Cake or some
Cobbler.