[Eoscstudents] Menu for Mon. Jan. 7

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Jan 7 10:14:43 CST 2008

Welcome back everyone!

I hope you all had a great Christmas and a restful break afterwards to
recuperate from all the hustle and bustle.  I know my family and I did.
I even became part of the cell phone set while I was off!  Santa put a
cell phone under the tree for me.  (I don't know if it was because I was
good or just the opposite.)  Evidently my husband and daughter were
tired of not being able to get hold of me when I'd be gone in the car
and decided I should catch up with most of the rest of the world.  Now I
can text and bluetooth, and have different ring tones to tell me who's
calling.   So after years of diligent studying to learn the correct
spellings of things, proper English, and typing, now I have to learn how
to spell with the minimum amount of letters to speed up texting, to heck
with proper English, and type with my thumbs using my phone number
buttons!  U no wat I mean?  IDK wat the world's comng 2.   I'm also
discovering that carrying a cell phone around is about as bad as
smoking.  It can be a pain.  Smokers always have to make sure they have
their cigarettes and lighter with them, or they have to go back for
them, have to spend money on getting them and can't use them in certain
places.  Cell phones are much the same and are also supposed to cause
cancer, I've heard.  Fortunately, so far I haven't broken the thing or
lost it completely, ( though it may have been slightly misplaced a
couple of times.)  It's a great convenience at times, and a large pain
at others.  Just something else to get used to, I guess.  Wish me luck.

You'll probably notice when you come for lunch that we have changed from
Pepsi to Coke in our dispensers.   Don't anybody panic, we still have
Dr. Pepper for those of you who can't live without that, but no more
Pepsi and Mountain Dew.  We have Regular and Diet in both Coke and Dr.
Pepper, and also have Barq's Rootbeer, Orange pop, and Sprite.  Right
now the button that says Power Ade dispenses water I believe.  I don't
know what the plans are for that yet.   Enjoy.

Expecting it to be cold like last week, I was actually going to suggest
that everyone might want to come over and have a cup of hot chocolate
today, but it looks like I'll have to revise that opinion.  You'll be
glad to hear we're having ice cream for dessert today at lunch.

The menu for today includes:

             Chicken fried steak
             French fries
             Spaghetti with meatballs