[Eoscstudents] Menu for Tues. Jan. 29

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Tue Jan 29 09:40:56 CST 2008

Hi folks,

I think the warm weather that we were supposed to get yesterday got
delayed by a day.  It definitely didn't get here yesterday, and from
what they say, it won't be hanging around all day today.  There's even a
chance of snow in the forecast for Thursday!  You know what they say
about Oklahoma weather.  They're not kidding.

Speaking of Oklahoma, the new Oklahoma quarters are supposed to be out
this week.  I can't wait to see them.  The symbols chosen to be printed
on them were our state bird, the Scissortail Flycatcher, and our state
wildflower, the Indian Blanket.  Too bad they couldn't have bumped the
printing up so that ours would've come out during our Centennial year,
but I guess we just had to wait our turn.  Those of you who are
collecting the state quarters should be just about to get done now.
Only 4 states to go.  I started collecting them in a drawer when they
first started coming out, and I think my daughter thought she had found
a magic drawer that produced quarters.  Somehow they always disappeared
and I have no wonderful collection now.

Our menu for today includes:

                Hamburger steak
                Mashed potatoes and gravy
                Fried okra
                Spinach
                Navy beans
                Seasoned rice
                Rolls
                Chicken patty on a bun
                French Fries

And for dessert have some delicious Cherry Cobbler.