[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. May 1

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu May 1 10:12:16 CDT 2008

May Day!  May Day!

And it really is May Day today, but as a distress call, we could've used
that term yesterday even more I think, with all the phones, computers
and time clocks malfunctioning due to the electrical problem that
occurred Tues. night when an adventurous, (and I'm pretty sure, now
deceased) raccoon climbed some high voltage wires at the PSO
substation.  (Come to think of it, it was pretty peaceful and quiet
without the phone ringing all day, not really distressing at all.)  It
does limit what you can accomplish as far as work when your computer
just won't come up though.  It seems like everything is on computer anymore.

It's hard to believe that another year has come and gone already, and
that graduation is tomorrow night!  Once again, I find myself thinking
about the students that will be graduating and leaving us.  I always
seem to find myself looking for some of them again the next year, and
then have to remember that they have completed their time at Eastern,
graduated and gone on to further their education, or to a career.  We
wish them all the best and want them to know they will be missed.  Come
back and visit at Homecoming or any time.

Our menu for today includes:

            Spaghetti with meat sauce
            Crispy cubed potatoes
            Carrots
            Burritos with chili and cheese

And for dessert, shake things up a little with some Earthquake Cake.