[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. Nov. 6

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu Nov 6 10:06:35 CST 2008

Hi folks,

If you didn't get to go to the dedication ceremony yesterday or haven't
gotten to see the new Centennial Plaza, be sure and go by there and
check it out, just to the East side of the sidewalk on the West side of
Mitchell.  It's a beautiful new addition to our campus and will only
improve with time as more and more dedicated bricks are purchased and
put into place in it.   To me that is the best part, like getting to
experience a little of Eastern's history.  You can purchase a brick with
your name and year of graduation, or years of employment,  maybe a club
you were in, or even your old sports #!  Or you can dedicate one to a
teacher who really inspired you, or a dorm mom who made you feel at home
even though you were many miles from your family.  Any number of things
or people can be commemorated and it will all become a permanent part of
the campus for future generations to enjoy ( and maybe wonder about).
Contact Ann Owens at Ext. 761, or Kim Ott at Ext. 759, in the Foundation
office for more information on how you can become a part of this
wonderful project.

Please keep our friend and co-worker John Calhoun and his family in your
prayers.  John is in St. John's hospital in Tulsa with serious medical
problems and needs all our thoughts and prayers to help him and his
family through this trying time.

On a much lighter note, be sure and plan to attend the Mr. Eastern
contest in Mitchell Auditorium this evening at 7:00.  Representatives
from all the clubs and organizations on campus will be vying for the
dubious distinction of being voted Mr. Eastern  2008/2009.  This show is
guaranteed to be a lot of laughs, so come prepared to whoop and holler
for your favorite "lady".

Our menu for today includes:
             Pork loin
             Dorito bake
             Mashed potatoes and gravy
             Black eyed peas
             Turnip greens
             Corn
             Steamed squash
             Hot rolls

And for dessert, have some delicious Cherry Dump Cake.  (I love this stuff!)