[Eoscstudents] Menu for Tues. Oct. 7

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Tue Oct 7 10:09:30 CDT 2008

Hi folks,

In spite of the rain, I thought I saw some activity going on in our
construction zone yesterday, but if this keeps up our construction
workers will probably be back on time off if they're not already.  At
least they do have the cement poured and some beams up so they're not
having to play in the mud when it rains!  I'm sure that's a relief to
them.  And it's really good to begin to see the structure of the new
building taking shape.  I was surprised yesterday to see a large flight
of stairs had been installed going up to the second floor when I drove
past and looked at the area.   Now if I can find some of the plans to
look at, I should be able to tell more what's what.

After seeing Keith Lewis in the Cafeteria yesterday running blue
electrical wire up through our ceiling for something, I had to find out
what was going on, so I called his wife, Dana, and the way I understand
it we will be getting a 42" plasma screen television installed to
display information about campus events, etc.  (Sorry, but it's not
going to be set up for watching ball games, MTV, soap operas or
cartoons.  Ditto Dr. Phil and Oprah.)  This is courtesy of our newly
adopted "big sister" college, Northeastern State University, and is one
of the benefits of our new partnership with them to encourage our
students who need to transfer on to a four year college to go from "Gold
to Green".   A press conference will be held Thurs. at 10:30 at the
Clock Tower to sign an agreement between EOSC and NSU to officially
begin a partnership between the two colleges that should benefit many of
our transferring students.

Our sympathy goes out to Betty Eason, long time EOSC employee, and her
family on the loss of her son David last Friday.  Our hearts are with them.

Our menu for today includes:
                Chicken pitas
                Indian tacos
                Cornbread
                Pinto beans
                Macaroni and cheese
                Brussels sprouts
                Sauerkraut with smoked sausage
                Baby carrots
                French fries

And for dessert have some luscious fruit Cobbler.