[Eoscstudents] Menu for Wed. April 29

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Wed Apr 29 09:39:07 CDT 2009

Hi folks,

In spite of all the clouds, it feels pretty good outside.  I'm afraid
the clouds are going to show us what they're made of before it's over
with though.  There's a pretty good chance of it today.

We had a nasty surprise at the house last night.  My husband went
outside and came back in telling me one of our cats was on the patio
with an arrow through her.  Luckily it just went across the very top of
her back right above her front shoulders and not through her whole body,
and it wasn't one of those horrible razor bladed type tips.  I don't
know how in the world she managed to make it home and onto the patio
with about a 3 ft. arrow sticking out of her!  We wound up having to run
her to the vet's office to have the arrow removed and the wound taken
care of.  Thank goodness poor Tim was still there working!  All my PAWS
friends insist he's a saint and I'm inclined to believe they're right.
I can't imagine what type person would shoot someone's pet with an
arrow.  It just made me sick to think how she must've felt, and she's
such a sweet little cat, too!  Please, if any of you do shoot weapons,
be careful and responsible with them.  They can do a lot of damage on
accident, and even more when you shoot some poor animal (or person) on
purpose!

Don't forget tomorrow will be opening day for "Little Shop of Horrors",
with a matinee at 10:30 and a performance at 7:30, and the same schedule
on Friday.  Be sure and plan to attend one of the performances of this
hilarious musical.  As always, admission is free to all EOSC students,
staff and faculty and only $5 for the general public.

Our menu for today includes:
                 Steak fingers
                 Mashed potatoes and gravy
                 Macaroni and cheese
                 Garlic bread
                 Blended vegetables
                 Baked beans
                 Sweet peas
                BBQ sandwiches

And for dessert have some delicious Apple Cobbler!

Have a great day,

Rhoda  :-)