[Eoscstudents] Menu for Wed. Jan. 21

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Wed Jan 21 09:48:57 CST 2009

Hi folks,

I noticed yesterday afternoon (after it was too late) that I had put
Mon. Jan. 20 on my menu.  Either you all are just too polite to correct
me on that, or you're just as thrown off as I am by having a Monday off
work to realize it was actually Tuesday.   That's okay, it's totally
worth being a little confused for the rest of the week to have a Monday
off.  Or a Friday, or whatever you can get.  (Or maybe as Gail Richey
told me, the color combination of the red letters and blue background on
the menu  yesterday was just too hard to read for anyone to notice what
day it said it was!  I'm sure her vision will clear up soon.)

I'm looking forward to today and tomorrow's promised warm temperatures,
but look out for this weekend and next week!  Temps will drop again with
chances of some form of precipitation next week.  Actually we could use
some rain, as I heard on the news that Latimer County is now under a
burn ban, due to severe dry conditions, so you might want to hold off on
burning that brush pile, or trash or whatever until the burn ban is lifted.

FYI:  Due to a recent recall on some brands of peanut butter and
products containing peanut butter, we have temporarily stopped offering
peanut butter or any items identified as containing peanut butter here
in the Cafeteria.  We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause and
any peanut butter withdrawal symptoms anyone may experience.  Hang in
there and we will reinstate this item as soon as it is deemed safe to do
so.

Our menu for today includes:
             Pork chops
             Mashed potatoes and gravy
             Great northern beans
             Corn
             Cabbage
             Fried okra
             Turkey wraps
             Hot rolls

And for dessert have your choice of a helping of Banana Pudding or a
piece of Boston Cream Pie.

Have a great  day,