[Eoscstudents] Menu for Mon. June 15

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Jun 15 10:02:25 CDT 2009

Hi folks,

It's looking like a HOT week coming up, so all that mud should be drying
up soon, but this weekend was a different story in that category.   The
Relay for Life on Friday evening once again had to be called on account
of bad weather coming in, and boy, did they get it right.  My daughter
and I wound up driving through one of the worst  rain and lightning
storms I've ever had the misfortune to be in.  We had to take a crew
back to Talihina, and on the way back it looked like the sky had just
opened up on us!  We had to pull over and wait it out since we literally
could see nothing but water at some points.  Lightning would flash and
I'd be looking for tornadoes.  Of course I didn't tell her that's what I
was doing.  Who needs to be in a car in the middle of the worst storm
you've ever been in with a panicking teenage girl?  I know they warn you
not to be in your vehicle in this kind of weather, but looking out the
window at the rain pouring down, lightning flashing all around and trees
blowing like weeds, I sure didn't see anywhere else I wanted to be!  We
finally made it home all in one piece, but I noticed the next day that
there was a HUGE tree uprooted in someone's front yard on Golf Course
Road.  I couldn't tell if it damaged the house or not, but if it didn't
it's a miracle!  Then Saturday night was about the same story, except I
was NOT out in it then.  I don't mind storms so much if I'm safe at home
with flashlights and candles at the ready.

Our menu for today includes:
             Salisbury steak
             Mashed potatoes and brown gravy
             Corn
             Oriental blend vegetables
             Chicken sandwich
             Potato chips
             Hot rolls

And for dessert have a luscious piece of Lemon Cake.

Have a  great day,