[Eoscstudents] Menu for Terrific Tues. March 10

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Tue Mar 10 09:51:55 CDT 2009

Hi folks,

I think today may prove that old saying about Oklahoma weather...if you
don't like it stick around for five minutes.   This morning it feels
great outside, like spring has surely arrived, but they're predicting by
this evening and tomorrow, it's going to backslide right back into
winter again for about a week!  I hope it doesn't do too much damage to
all the beautiful spring flowers that have been fooled into blooming out
already.  I noticed several of those beautiful yellow forsythias and
even some redbuds yesterday that were already in bloom.   I've also
noticed that they already have vegetable plants and flowers for sale in
the grocery store and I've been pretty tempted to go buy some and plant
them.  The sad thing is, even though I love plants and flowers, I tend
to have a brown thumb rather than a green one.  I think I do better with
dogs and cats.  They can at least let me know when they're hungry or
thirsty, where plants just sit there and shrivel up and die.

Our menu for today includes:
             Chicken alfredo lasagna
             Green peas
             Green beans
             Ham and cheese on a bun
             Roasted garlic and tomato soup

And for dessert have some luscious Peach Cobbler, even better with a
little ice cream on top.