[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. Oct. 1

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu Oct 1 10:08:02 CDT 2009

Happy October everyone,

Hard to believe it's October already, but looking out the window to the
north, the threatening sky makes it look like winter.  Of course, the
still green trees waving in the growing breeze show that to be false.
It's another busy day on campus with two more performances of The
Princess and the Pea today at 10:00 and 12:30, and the Fall Concert this
evening at 7:00.  And I think a lot of people are still recoving from
the dance last night and Midnight Madness.

The Horticulture Plant Sale will be running from 1:00 to 4:00 today at
the EOSC Greenhouse, and they'll take their show on the road tomorrow
downtown to the Pitstop, there by the stoplight across from McDonald's.
They will have pansies, violas and flowering kale available for purchase
to spruce up your yard for the fall and winter months.

Kiamichi Electric will be holding its annual meeting this Saturday
morning in our gymnasium.  KEC members can come and eat free hotdogs,
enjoy free entertainment, and maybe win a great door prize if you're lucky.

And last but not least, our local PAWS group will be participating in a
giant two day adoptathon at PetSense in McAlester this Saturday and
Sunday, so if you've been thinking about getting a new pet, be sure and
come by one of those days and see all the wonderful adoptable animals
who need homes badly before winter.  A good dog or cat is worth their
weight in nerve pills, takes the place of a burglar alarm and a garbage
disposal, and you never need to sweep up crumbs or hunt up a blanket to
warm your feet when you have a dog in the house.  Lots of wonderful pets
are out there just waiting to become part of your family!

Our menu for today includes:
             Stuffed peppers (good stuff!)
             Scalloped potatoes
             Pinto beans
             Cornbread
             Corn
             Brussels sprouts
             Hot rolls
             Chicken nuggets
             French fries
             BBQ sandwiches

And for dessert have some Peach Cobbler or Bread Pudding.