[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. Oct. 22

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu Oct 22 09:50:46 CDT 2009

Hi folks,

The umbrellas are back!  I believe it must've rained all night last
night, not hard, but steady, and must still be at it off and on, as I
keep seeing people with umbrellas going up and down the sidewalk.
Looking at the Weather Channel radar map, it looks like we may be about
out of the rain zone, but the clouds should stick with us for a while.

I just realized this morning that I had neglected to wish Mrs. Pat
Thomas a Happy Birthday this past Tuesday.  Terribly sorry about that.
She's a real sweetheart, and a fellow animal lover, and I hope she had a
really special day.

Don't forget to roll up your sleeve and come get your Flu Shot today
between 9:00 and 11:30, in the Ballroom of the new Student Center.
They say this is especially important for anyone who has a breathing
problem, such as asthma etc.  Also, being on campus, in large groups of
people, your potential exposure goes way up, so taking the flu shot
would be a good bit of insurance against a possible problem on down the
road.

Also, Loma says if you didn't get to weigh in yesterday for the Biggest
Loser contest, you can come over today between 11:30 and 12:30 and hit
the scales.  Good luck!

Our menu for today includes:
          Enchiladas
          Chicken strips
          Mashed potatoes and gravy
          Black eyed peas
          Corn
          Spanish rice
          Refried beans
          Sauerkraut and wieners
          Cornbread

And for dessert, have some luscious Peach Cobbler.