[Eoscstudents] Menu for TGI Friday Oct. 23

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Fri Oct 23 10:10:34 CDT 2009

Hi folks,

I bet our students who go home this weekend will come back loaded with
lots of winter clothes!  It's sure feeling like that time of year
outside today.  Tomorrow looks like it will be really nice, though, if
somewhat cool.  Should provide nice weather for our PAWS adoption day
outside Roy's.

I finally tried one of our Steak Melt Sandwiches off the grill
yesterday, and I have to say, they are really good.  I'm not that much
of a meat eater, and I definitely had Susie hold the jalapeno ranch
dressing they put on them, but  I substituted regular ranch dressing for
it and it was really tasty, and just about more than I could eat.  I've
been saying ever since we started having them, and I started smelling
them,  that I was going to get around to doing that "one of these days",
so I finally decided that yesterday was that day.  Now when someone asks
me how the steak melt is, I can tell them honestly, "They're great!"

Happy Birthday wishes go out for tomorrow to Student Support Services
worker, Sue Lovett.  I hope she really enjoys her birthday and her weekend.

Today is the last day of the Employee Benefits Fair upstairs in the
Ballroom, so if you have been procrastinating all week, today's your
last chance to get up there and talk to the representatives.  I know
Joyce and Gwen have been visiting around on campus, "herding" people in
all week, but there may still be some holdouts that haven't made it yet.

I got my flu shot upstairs yesterday, and the line was not bad at all,
but I hear the line at the Health Department downtown went as far down
as Subway!  Glad I didn't have to stand in that!

Our menu for today includes:
            Hot wings
            French fries
            BBQ on a bun
            Baked beans
            Loaded baked potato
            Corn on the cob
            Tortilla soup

And for dessert, have some Banana Pudding or some Apple Cobbler.

Have a great weekend,