[Eoscstudents] Menu for Thurs. Oct. 29

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Thu Oct 29 10:03:20 CDT 2009

Hi folks,

Better batten down the hatches!  It looks like it could get really nasty
out there before it's over with.  And according to the weather forecast
on TV this morning, there's only a 100% chance of rain today.  And now
the weather program on my computer just popped up saying we're under a
tornado watch until noon.  Shoulda stayed in bed, huh?  We've got our
weather radio turned on but we're still really not sure if it will pick
up anything in this building with so much metal, so if anyone hears
about any scary weather headed this way, please call and let us know.

As of this coming Monday, my daughter Destiny,  will be an official
"Would you like fries with that?" McDonald's employee.  She's thrilled
to have her first job, and will really enjoy getting a paycheck.  And
also as of Monday, my husband will be starting truck driving school, so
I  won't have anyone to drag along with me to all the fun Homecoming
events that I want to come to!

We've had literally hundreds of extra guests on campus lately, enjoying
our new facility, like the FCCLA group, (and we just received a lovely
note from Mrs. Smith's group thanking us for our service and food during
their trip), the big College Fair group, and yesterday the Skills USA
group in their red jackets.   It's always good to get to show off what
Eastern has to offer and make a good impression on all these potential
students and their sponsors.

Our menu for today includes:
          Pork chops
          Sweet peas
          Loaded baked potato bar
          Chicken strips
          Hot rolls

And for dessert, have a piece of Cheesecake!