[Eoscstudents] Homecoming is on its way!!!

Sally Davis sdavis at eosc.edu
Thu Sep 24 17:52:19 CDT 2009

Homecoming is little over a month away and our theme this year is
Mountaineer Spirit.  Our community carnival is scheduled for Saturday
October 31st from 4 pm to 7 pm and it is the first event of a week long
schedule of events for homecoming.
1. Community Carnival Booths:  We need to organize now what clubs will
participate by having a fund raising booth (table) during that time
frame.  We need game booths and food booths.  Please let us know club
presidents and sponors as soon as you have decided what game or food
booth your club with be sponsoring and if you need electrical.
2. Trunk or Treat:  It is also the responsibility of each club to have a
"trunk" in the trunk or treat.  Your car or truck will be pulled in to
the designated trunk or treat area and you will give candy to the
children to come by for trick or treats from your truck or tailgate.
Your truck must be decorated and manned at all times.  Please remember
we have averaged over 1,000 visitors each year at this event and our
trunks often report that they ran out of candy in less than an hour of
trunk or treats.  Make certain you have enough candy for all the little
ghouls that will come by.  The Nursing Club has won the decoration
contest two years in a row so you have some competition out there.
3.  Mr. Eastern contest:  Mr. Eastern is scheduled for Tuesday November
3rd and we would like to see as many clubs represented as possible in
Mr. Eastern sponsored this year by the Psycho club.  Please get the name
of your designated participant to Marilyn Duncan as soon as you know who
they are.  She has paperwork that must be filled out for them.
Participants should be ready to participate in sportswear clothing,
Talent (only 90 seconds please), and Evening Gown competitions.
4.  Homecoming Qeen and King:  Also be thinking about who will be your
Homecoming Queen and King candidates and get their names to us so we can
arrange photographs and they can campaign for votes.  They will also
need to have a car or truck designated to them for the parade on
Saturday November 7 at 10 am.
5.  Parade Float:  What will your float be this year?  Our parade theme
of Mountaineer Mania should give you a wide range of options on how you
will exemplify your Mountaineer Spirit through having a float for the
parade.  Our parade was reported to us by the City of Wilburton Police
office as the largest parade in Latimer County after only two years
running!  That's exciting and we have only just begun!  You can begin
your float building on Sunday afternoon at 3 pm at our Pre-float Float
party in the Goddard Building.  Bring your flat beds and goose-neck
trailers over to find a premium spot to decorate and enjoy a Rootbeer or
Coke Float courtesy of ESGA.

Thank you to Mr. Leland Walker for allowing us to utilize the Goddard
Building again for float building and to the City of Wilburton for being
so accommodating regarding our parade.  Check out the Community Carnival
link on the Eastern Website for a full schedule of carnival and
homecoming week activities.  If you have questions please give us a call
at 918-465-1818.

Sally Davis.