[Eoscstudents] Menu for Mon. April 19

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Apr 19 09:43:54 CDT 2010

Hi folks,

Well, it was great weather for frogs this weekend at the Green Frog
Festival, but in spite of that there were still people brave enough to
get out there and see what it was all about.  I went down to listen to
Falling Crossways play in the Goldberg and Joseph Heritage Park, and
stayed to see and hear scenes and songs from Theatre Eastern's upcoming
production of Annie.  It was pretty ironic that we were standing in the
rain listening to Annie singing about the sun coming out tomorrow.  I
think she was a day or two off on her forecast anyway, as the sun hasn't
really come out yet.  You can tell Todd "Daddy Warbucks" Minshall is
really getting into his role.  He shaved his head for the part!  Now
that's really sacrificing for your art!   And he'll probably have to do
it again before the actual  performances on April 29th and 30th.

Don't forget, day classes at Eastern's Wilburton campus will be
cancelled tomorrow to concentrate on new student enrollment.

It was interesting to see that American Sign Language I has been added
to our Fall lineup.  That could prove to be a very useful skill to have
at times.

Our menu for today includes:
          Chicken parmesan over angel hair pasta
          Catalina blend vegetables

And for dessert, we're trying something new called Striped Delight.
(It's got a graham cracker crust, a cream cheese layer, and chocolate
pudding; what's not to like?)

And once again, the Grill will be open.