[Eoscstudents] Cyber Cafe Specials for Wed. Steak Melt and Thurs. Quesadilla

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Wed Jul 14 09:55:36 CDT 2010

Hi folks,

Looks like it's going to be another hot one today.  Really hot, with the
Weather Channel predicting temperatures getting up to around 96, and
feeling more like it's around 111 or so, so if you didn't get your
outside chores done early, don't try doing them until it cools off some
this evening, unless you really need a nice long, expensive rest in a
hospital.  Make sure and have water out for your plants and pets before
the heat builds up, and don't leave pets, kids, (or lip gloss) in a hot
closed up vehicle even for a minute.  I saw a story on the news last
night about a dog who was left in his owner's car in the heat, and
either he's a genius, or he just had the dumb luck to land on the horn
button by accident and alert the owner to his situation.  (I'm almost
inclined to go for the genius theory.  I know dogs can do some amazing
things when they put their mind to it.  Plus I can't hit the horn button
most of the time anyway.  I find myself hitting the air bag symbol on
the steering wheel.  Of course I don't know if that says more about the
dogs intelligence or mine...)

Today's Cyber Cafe special, while not strictly a brand new item, is one
you may not have gotten around to trying yet.  We've had Steak Melts on
the menu for a while, and I've tried them and really like them, and
that's saying a lot coming from someone who eats more veggies than meat
generally.  Today's special features a Steak Melt, Chips & Fountain
Drink for $3.00.  If you've wanted to try one and just haven't gotten
around to it, today's deal ought to make up your mind that today's the
day.  It features thinly sliced steak, grilled bell peppers and onions,
and swiss cheese with jalapeno ranch dressing.

For Thursday, our featured special is a Quesadilla, Chips & Fountain
Drink for $3.00.  The Quesadilla is a large tortilla spread with
jalapeno dressing, your choice of grilled chicken, ham or turkey, pepper
jack cheese and salsa, folded over, cut into wedges and served with your
choice of sauce for dipping.  This ought to satisfy you folks who like
food with a little Mexican flair.

Keep cool,

Rhoda    8-)