[Eoscstudents] Menu for Mon. June 21

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Mon Jun 21 09:50:30 CDT 2010

Hi folks,

I hope all you dads out there had an enjoyable Father's Day yesterday.
It was way too hot for doing much outdoors, but was probably a great day
for holding down the recliner and exercising your remote control
muscles.  That seems to be a couple of favorite activities for most dads.

Today is actually the first official day of Summer, even though it's
felt like it for several weeks now.  Be sure and keep your outdoor
plants watered, and have out plenty of fresh water for any outside pets
as well.  The extreme summer heat, accompanied by ticks, fleas,
mosquitos and chiggers, along with the fireworks that I'm sure will
begin popping shortly, can be extremely stressful for pets, especially
if they have to stay outdoors in it.  Try to bring them inside or
provide them with a good shady area to stay in during the heat of the
day.  A big hunk of ice in their water bowl will keep it cool as it
melts gradually during the day.

Our menu for today includes:
            Enchiladas
            Refried beans
            Mexican rice
            Corn
            Nachos

And for dessert have a helping of Apple Cobbler.

Keep cool,

Rhoda    8-)