[Eoscstudents] Grant Aid Scholarship!!

Sue Lovett slovett at eosc.edu
Fri Oct 22 17:33:03 CDT 2010

The list of eligible students for the Fall 2010 Grant Aid Scholarship is
ready in my office.  Come to Room 115 in Johnston Hall to sign up.  I
can tell you at that time if you are eligible to apply, and also, if you
do not have enough contacts to receive the grant.  The deadline for
signing up for the grant is November 5th.

Remember, you must be in your second semester in the SSS Program and be
an "active" participant.  All students who have not completed the
required workshops MUST make arrangements with either June Haynes or
Kathy Howe to complete them.  You still have till the deadline to
complete the workshops.  Also, if you received the grant last (Spring)
semester, you will not be eligible this semester.  If your GPA is below
2.0, you will need to offer proof that you are doing better this
semester.  The pool is getting bigger, and the minimum pell grant is up,
so there will be fewer students who will be able to take advantage of
this opportunity.  DO NOT ASSUME that you won't get it!  If you are
receiving pell, and have an unmet need, you may apply.

I will be in McAlester on Thursday, Oct. 28 and on Nov. 4th for students
who want to do the workshops.  I will be there from 4:00 pm till 5:00 pm.

After the 5th of November, I will be out of town for several days at
conference, so you MUST contact me before then.  I will send the list to
Financial Aid on the 5th, so it is imperative that you sign up by the 5th.

Contact Information:
Sue Lovett - 918-465-1823
e-mail - slovett at eosc.edu

June Haynes - 918-465-1822