[Eoscstudents] Menu for Wed. June 22

Rhoda Watkins rwatkins at eosc.edu
Wed Jun 22 09:16:24 CDT 2011

Hi folks,

Being off yesterday kind of threw me off mentally.  It felt like a
Friday or Saturday and I was half convinced that I would wake up this
morning thinking it was a weekend and I didn't have to get up and go to
work, but I remembered to set the alarm to shock myself awake before I
got any silly notions about staying in bed and having another day off.
Darn it.

Even though yesterday was the first official day of summer, it's been
feeling like it for quite some time now.  My tiny garden has needed
watering twice a day for weeks, and I've noticed leaves falling off the
trees already.  That usually doesn't happen much until later in the
summer after weeks of heat and little to no rain.  There were lots of
clouds on the horizon last night, and lightning in the distance, but no
rain for us.  The little creek down the hill that was at one time this
spring a mere mud puddle, then a raging river, is now back to being
drier than a mud puddle.  I hope we get some rain before too long to
help get us through the rest of the summer.  I've been keeping a tub
full of water right outside my bedroom window for anything needing a
drink, and my little dogs will go on high alert at night if they hear
anything outside taking advantage of it.  Hearing them start sniffing,
growling and woofing to let me know something was out there the other
night, I picked up the flashlight, crept to the window and flicked it
on, aimed right at the water tub.  Our local, busy armadillo was getting
a midnight drink and the light flashing on right in his face so startled
him that he jumped and landed right in the water tub!  Of course that
shocked him even further and he immediately jumped right back out and
took off for somewhere dark and safe, without nosy little dogs and
bright lights, and I'm still laughing at him!

Our menu for today includes:
            Real fried chicken
            Mashed potatoes and gravy
            Fried squash
            Macaroni and cheese
            Biscuits
And for dessert, have some yummy Banana Pudding.

Keep cool,