[Eoscstudents] FW: [Eoscall] 1000 Paper Crane project

Ruth Brelsford rbrelsford at eosc.edu
Mon Mar 28 17:13:14 CDT 2011

From: eoscall-bounces at lists.onenet.net
[mailto:eoscall-bounces at lists.onenet.net] On Behalf Of Ruth Brelsford
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2011 1:08 PM
To: eoscall at lists.onenet.net
Subject: [Eoscall] 1000 Paper Crane project

Kelbie Kennedy is coordinating an incredible effort to send 1000 paper
cranes to Japan accompanied by a minimum of $5000 in donations.  Kelbie is
coordinating the effort at OU and in the city of Norman. She has asked us to
become involved and Honors students voted unanimously to do that on
Wednesday.  Brenda Kennedy will lead PTK students in the effort, too, and we
want all the clubs on campus to be involved.  Already the Latimer County
Arts Council and some Lions Club members have signed on.  Our deadline is
May 7.  We will need to fold cranes (at least 300) and find donors to match
each crane for $5, minimum.  We can do this!  I have a little family of
folded paper cranes that Asumi made for me before she left, so they are my
model when I start to fold.  I hope to send at least one of them home to
her, but I'm not sure I can part with the whole family.Anyway, Honors/PTK
students will explain the project to your club members if you will send us
the date of your next meeting.  Thanks-Mrs. Brelsford