[Eoscstudents] Veterans Day Observance

Ruth Brelsford rbrelsford at eosc.edu
Tue Nov 13 13:26:10 CST 2012

Thank you to all who made the recognition of our veterans a moving
experience yesterday!  The older vets and their wives were full of gratitude
and compliments.  Thanks to all especially:

                --Mildred Whisenhunt and her staff for a great meal that the
vets really appreciated.  They said it was delicious!

                --Kristen Turner and her students for the very touching
final video and taping the interview with Gina Bullock because she had to
teach off campus on Monday afternoon.

                --Patrick Moore and his choral students for the spirited
rendition of all the songs representing the various branches of service.
And Mary Ford for the beautiful piano piece that really set the mood for the
program.

                --Keith Lewis for always having all tech in place and
working beautifully.

                --Terie Overbey for contacting all our veterans and
dependents and reserve duty personnel on campus.

                --Trish McBeath for getting the word out and the
eye-catching fliers.

                --Lori Mitchell for decorations in cafeteria and Ball Room
which made it all so much more festive.

                --Buddy Sandefur for planning, suggestions, questions, a
military perspective, etc.

                --Honors students for their commitment to the project and,
especially, Reilly Cloud for being a very thoughtful and dedicated MC.

                --Alton Jones, Kyle Ragar, Gussy Feathers, and Michael
Staggs for sharing their thoughts and representing the rest of our veterans
on campus so very well.

Thanks to all of you.

--rb